Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post!!!! Great little forum this is and has helped me a few times!!!

Was driving back home last night and a couple of times I had to stop and wait at junctions/roundabouts for a second so I changed down to first gear and when attempting to move off I had no power and the car stalled several times once I managed to move off there was little acceleration and took its time to wind up but once I had got to 30mph it was fine but this didnt happen every time I changed to first gear.

Does anyone have a clue what could have caused this what I need to do to rectify it, .... BTW I it is a 1995 1.2 Clio Les Routiers

Cheers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No warning lights I spotted, just the normal lights when you stall. Was pretty rough when starting up again then when I managed to get going again very slow acceleration... but cleared up once I had got upto 30 mph....

I changed my accelerator cable on friday as my old one was very slack and the threaded portion wouldnt go into the manifold now it does could this have had any effect? It ran ok on friday and saturday but decided to play up on sunday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
but wouldnt that produce the fault every time I went down to low revs and it didnt do it every time I changed down to 1st?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello...

was looking at my car earlier and throttle cable has some slack in it but I noticed a small black box near the back of the engine compartment, drivers side was not connected to its bulkhead... I take it from reading on here that this is my MAF sensor and would this be causing my problem?

Cheers
Mandy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems as it wasnt attached to the bracket it wasnt operating properly as the vacuum hose may have been blocked due to it being upside down and not attached. went out on a long drive this weekend and did not have a problem!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I was out this weekend in traffic on the A1 and the problem happened again... just the once so something isnt right but not bad enough for it to be happening all the time. I did notice when I tried to get going numerous times the oil light and the overheat light came on when attempting to pull off and went out once it let me pull off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts