Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there - have looked through previous posts as a newbie should but can't find an answer so apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

Went to pull out of the petrol station near home this evening and gear stick was suddenly not connected to the gearbox!!... luckily it was in gear so manged to limp home. After jacking the car up I've discovered the ball right on the end of the gear linkage arm has fallen out of it's locating socket at the engine end. I've greased it and pushed it back in for now and have driven it up the road and back. Having fallen out once though it's bound to happen again. The "socket" seems to be made of nylon and there appears to be a circlip under the socket that perhaps holds the socket in. Am I right in thinking I can change this. Any advice would be gratefully received from anyone who has experienced the same problem.

PS Great forum! I'm a newbie but have already fixed the airbag light problem too this evening after reading up on here where to look for the problem.. and... the car has the intermittent speedo fault too so that's next... Can't grumble though the car has been as good as gold since I bought it over a year ago as a second car...

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & welcome to the Forums Blue.

Glad you have found the Forums of assistance to you, I'm sure someone will offer some advice on your linkage prob shortly .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,having the same problem with my 1.2 Mk2 clio.have had to wedge some cloth round the ball into the socket.It is a dealer part but am goin to the scrappy to find one for now as i cant get to a dealer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi this is a very common part to fail on the clio and megane you can change just the nylon socket kit avalible from renault think last 1 i changed was about £5-£8 remove the circlip and the socket pushes down and out fit the new socket to the linkage before fitting back into gearbox does not take long to do but can be fiddley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts