Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had a intermittent gear selection problem with my Clio for the past 2 months... It's been in the Arnold Clark Renault garage 3 times but when they test drive it the fault dosnt happen so they can't diagnoses the fault... Last time I took it in they changed the gear box oil... So today I picked my car up after they had it for 4 days and test drove it for a total of 15 miles... So driving home from work was approaching a junction so I'm going down the gears till I'm in 1st gear so put foot down on clutch to select 2nd gear but as I try to put it into 2nd gear my gear stick won't move it's stuck so I go round corner still in 1st and foot on clutch... So I tried to film it on my phone to prove the fault to Arnold clark but as I go to record it I attempt to put into 2nd gear and it goes in no problem lol... Anyone know what's causing this problem only happens when going from 1st to 2nd or 3rd to 2nd...

Moved from welcome section to transmission's section

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Phil you would think Arnold clark would check this??? I gave them a few descriptions of when the fault has happened ie time mileage etc... But if they can't fault it they don't fix it...

·
Sexy at 71 super mod..
25,326 Posts
I feel your pain and with dealers like 4nal Crack..you would have to replicate the problem for them to fix and possibly adjust it..without that they will always fob a customer off..sadly to say that this is becoming a trend from dealers whatever the car and make ..only thing I might suggest is to have a search on you tube on how to set up gear change linkages on your car ..if that exists..:idunno:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts