Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody

I own a 2006 Clio Campus Sport 1.5 DCi (I have had this from new - 9,800 miles now on the clock) which is in the process of having the complete fuel system replaced due to the fuel pump breaking up inside.

This was causing an intermittent fault and Renault agreed to replace the whole fuel system as the piece that was causing the problem was so large! Has anyone else had this problem with a Clio??

It has taken the dealership over 3 weeks to find the problem and another week to get all the parts from Renault!!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums Blackcat.

The only time I have heard of the complete fuel system changed is with the inadvertant use of the wrong fuel.
Some other Member might offer an answer who has more technical knowledge than myself.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

We do have a few Renault Techs on the site,and they should be able to say if this is common or not.The only thing I have experience like with is when a primary pump(usually in the tank) breaks up and sends metal filings through the system to the high pressure pump.Because of the final pressures involved the high pressure pump is very sensitive to any minute pieces of metal,and the same filings can damage injectors too.I've never had it on a Renault dCi yet,but Peugeot HDi's definately suffer from this problem.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
hi there thats taken a long time to diag? its not really common for the system to collapse, the usual cause is by having petrol put into the system this causes the protective coatings to be stripped of the high pressure componants, had the system been touched before ie fuel filter as incorrect cloth can cause the colase of the system too!
hope this is of some help!
goodluck bigshow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts