Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I have a problem with my clio
I changed the engine and put again a 1.5 engine but with my old parts injectors and others but now it wont start, i tested injectors they are good still what may be the problem if someone can help me thank you, because even that mechanic that worked in my car doesnt know. Production year is 2002

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Was the old engine running before the change?
Was the new engine running before the change?
How did you test the injectors you used?

Will the engine as it sits now start and run if you use "easy start" or brake cleaner or some such and will it continue to run as long as you keep spraying the stuff into the intake? (after air filter)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was the old engine running before the change?
Was the new engine running before the change?
How did you test the injectors you used?

Will the engine as it sits now start and run if you use "easy start" or brake cleaner or some such and will it continue to run as long as you keep spraying the stuff into the intake? (after air filter)
Thank you for your reply, no my old engine blocked without oil, it broke the crankshaft i think, my new engine the dealer said that it was good i buy it on the ground not in the car and there is a guy that works with injectors he tested the injectors with his machines. The car its trying to start but it cant even with spray btw i changed camshaft sensor and start sensor but same again. Can it be marks at timing belt wrong ?

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
If the new engine wouldn't even start with starting fluid then there is a horde o things that can be wrong ...................... yes timing is one but why if the guy selling it said its running?

I would just return it and be done with it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts