Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help? My 2001 1.2 Clio won't start. I have only one key and a couple of weeks ago ordered a second one. The original key has been playing up a bit, just lately when you turn the ignition on the immobiliser light kept flashing but if you played with it it would then start but now is a complete non start. I have heard that the chip in the key can play up. Could I have a dry joint in the fob or is there a more serious problem somewhere else? I don't really fancy dragging it to the agent to get the other key set up until I get running really because you know what main agents are like..... Might need a second mortgage

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Re: HELP My Clio won't start

CLIO II INFRA RED RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn the Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note: the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.
4. Point the 1st key at the receiver and press the button twice, the doors should lock and unlock. Repeat for other remotes as required.
5. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

CLIO II RF RESYNCHRONISING
1. Turn Ignition OFF.
2. Press the central door locking button for more than 5 seconds. Note: the door should lock then unlock.
3. When this happens, 10 seconds is allowed and the immobiliser warning light illuminates.
4. Press the remote control once, the doors should lock and unlock.
5. Repeat for second remote if required.
6. Check the remote control unlocks and locks the doors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: HELP My Clio won't start

Thanks for that but i have tried it and still no go, the immobiliser light still keeps flashing:steam:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts