Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi hello i'm new to this forum and desperatly need help with my other halfs clio :steam:

I have read through a few posts which say you can replace the sensor ring but after talking to my local dealer (harrats wakefield) who arn't the most helpfull bunch they tell me that you can't buy the ring seperate and that i will have to buy a drive shaft at a cost of £165 :eek:

Can anyone tell me where i can get one from so i can turn off the dash lights and get it sold !!!

If needed it is a 2002 clio privelige auto 5 door

Many thanks
Darren..

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Could just be a loose connection somewhere in the abs system. With something like this it could be cheaper to get it diagnosed instead of splashing out on something that is OK..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i've already diagnosed it :(

the sensor ring has snapped and doesn't go anywhere the sensor (which needs replacing anyway

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Try getting a price for an aftermarket shaft,or if thats still too expensive,a second hand shaft.

I'm not certain if the rings are available seperately at all.Some rings are available for rear discs,but not for front CV joints as far as I know....:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi yes i did it cost me £60 for the drive shaft and it didn't fit :steam: so i prized the a.b.s. ring off of the new one and put it on my old one, sorted

ps now sold the clio and bought a mini happy days :d

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.

The post you have replied to is over 4 years old so I wouldn't expect a reply. Although your answer may be of help to other users.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts