Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have just purchased a used clio 1.2 16v 51 plate, it drives smoothly, but i have a couple of niggles i hope you can shed some light on.

firstly the "SERV" light is on constantly whilst driving, but not with any of the other three lights its supposed to come on with, just "SERV" alone.

secondly when i put my headlights into dipped, and when i push the brake pedal, the front and rear rightside indicators come on ever so slightly.

obviously some electrical problem here, but just dont know where to start looking. I'm pretty sound with electrics but just never played with car electrics.

another thing to note is under the drivers seat there is two (1 brown & 1 blue) wires which have been snipped, and not connected to anything.

also please note the radio and speakers are not present, so this also may have something to do with it? who knows???

hope someone can at least point me in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
The service light could be illuminating for numerous reasons - it could be a simple as resetting the service interval settings or something more serious such as a faulty air-bag system.
Apart from the cut wiring are there any other connections under the seats.

The lghting problem is possiblt due to poor electrical connections in the rear light clusters - good clean and terminal check usually sorts the problem.:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
If connector under drivers seat is dissconnected(blue/brown wires) this is the pretensioner circuit and will display SERV annd air bag warning light on instrument panel. This means entire air bab circuit is immobilised. Simply resolder wires(disconnecting battery first) and retest. As per previous link, remove rear light cluster and retest. Known issues with water ingress into plug connector in rear light clusters. Check for visable signs of blue/white deposits on plug contacts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks for your replies, the SERV light is on by itself, no airbag light, absolutely nothing else but SERV whilst driving.

fixed the dipped light/indicator issue, a fuse was blown :D

just the serv light :(

where do i solder the wires too?? theres a white connector with to wires... ill upload some pics in a min (the last one is under the passenger seat, which there is nothing connected, but ive been told this is cd changer connector?)

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so would this be normal? is this the cd changer wires? the airbag light is NOT on in fact no warning lights at all, only SERV light, everything is topped up fluid wise apart from window washer fluid.

dont think theres a horn, or at least i cannot see one for the life of me... all fuses are correct and present.

Damn SERV light, i'm kinda getting used to it now though lol...

but any help would be grateful, i have provided pictures of the snipped cables and connections under both seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts