Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst driving, my new clio will beep, sometimes its every 30 seconds, sometimes its every few minutes, can't find anything in the manual to explain this, no warning lights are showing, doors are all locked, my seat belt is securely locked, so i have no idea

help please!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Hi, could be something to do with the seatbelt sensor, door sensor, handbrake on sensor or UCH faulty, might be best to nip it into Reanult

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,050 Posts
Check brake fluid levels.
That is one that can cause random beeps.
Should get a dashboard warning as well but intermittent so you may not notice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i am trying a few things on the way home from work, then i am booking it in for a service with them and see what they find, im looking into the renault 4+ package is still valid with me buying the car, seeing if i can transfer it over

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,050 Posts
Sarah
Are you in UK and did you buy from a dealer?

If so, Consumer Protection Act applies.
Ask them to find the reason for the beep and correct it.
No need for a service, payment or anything else but "my car seems to have a fault, please fix it."

It may be something you are doing wrong or haven't set but dealers (good ones) ought to help you anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whilst driving, my new clio will beep, sometimes its every 30 seconds, sometimes its every few minutes, can't find anything in the manual to explain this, no warning lights are showing, doors are all locked, my seat belt is securely locked, so i have no idea

help please!!!!
Hi. Can I ask what your problem was as I have just bought an 8 month old Clio and it is doing exactly the same thing. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you perhaps leaving a bag on the front passenger seat?

In my Megane, sometimes when I put a bag, the seat belt warning sign will start beeping when I'm going round a corner, because it thinks that there is someone sitting in the front passenger seat with no seat belt on :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts