Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, new to forums and having the same problem as this on a 1999 Clio Alize: [click link] (have tried the link there, but it doesn't work.. *grumble*)

The remote central locking key battery went flat. It had it replaced but hasn't worked since apparrently.

The current battery, or batteries are 2x CR2025 (roughly 1mm thick, 25mm wide, 3v). Could/should this be changed to a single CR2032 (roughly 2mm thick, 25mm wide, 3v)?

Also, how can i reprogram the key to my car? I've seen people suggest holding down my door lock button (the one by the gearstick) until it locks and unlocks, then hitting a button. Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, ive looked through the FAQ but can't find an answer to the batteries question. Anyone happen to know?

Thanks again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hello

thank you both for links to the faq. as mentionedi have already read over this but still can't find an answer re battery types..

Many thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah ha! upon closer inspection the two batteries were CR2016's! the requirements say one CR2016, but i dont think its making a contact.

I stuck in the thicker CR2025 and that didn't work, but a CR2025 AND a CR2016 seems to have it working. But only with a hard push of the button from a limited range. I find i have to leave the sunroof open that first bit and aim the key at the receiver.

I shall try sticking in a CR2036 and see if that makes a difference, the next step is for me to maybe check all the circuitry in my fob/receiver? Can anyone help with this further?

Many thanks for the replies so far.

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi Stom, if its an IR key from a Clio2 then it uses 2x CR2016 batteries.

Hope it helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks truckbusuk,

the area the batteries go into seems to have opened up with the use of the key, i currently have one of the much thicker cr2032's in there with a cr2016. the batteries are both 3v. the added thickness seems to make the connection a bit better, the key closes fine, and more importantly, i have central locking!

now this may be a stupid question, but how can i tell if i have an immobiliser?

thanks all!

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi, if you have a flashing red light on the dash, that should indicate the immobliser is activated.
The other way to tell is if you remove the shroud that covers the steering wheel/steering column, at the steering lock there should be a collar that goes round the lock, that the immobiliser reader.
Its probably safer to assume that if the red light is flashing on the instrument panel after the key is removed from the steering lock then the immobliser is working and active.

I thought all UK Clio2's were fitted with the immobiliser and it was only some Dutch and German models that were'nt.

hope it helps :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
great, thanks for that.

i've got a flashing red light on the dash with the ignition off, so i guess that means i'm immobilised.

Thanks very much all for the help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Different query .... I have a 2011 Renualt Megane Scenic When I am driving on a dull day and a it is almost dark the lights on the dash dime when the automatic headlight come on and I am unable to see the Speedometer reading ... very dangerous when driving on the motorway .... not able to keep an eye on what speed I am travelling .... doesn't happen during normal night driving

1 - 12 of 12 Posts