Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone im a noob and and noob with driving (only passed my test on the 21st) but i have a question about the car i bought on friday.

its a lil 1.2 clio Y reg, registered june 2001.

i had an issue with it on friday when i bought it (the airbag light was on) so i took it back and they fixed it but today i noticed that my passenger door doesnt lock when i use the remote locking key.

i can lock it by using the key manually but it doesnt lock when i use the fob, even though the boot adn drivers side locks and unlocks perfectly.

i may be completly wrong and it may be the design but i dont knwo what todo, the garage are gunna think im a pain in the butt as i already went back with one issue, plus i dont have the time totake it back to where i got it from just yet :(

am i over reacting and its meant to be this way, or did the mechanic do something he shouldnt have when doing the diagnostic on my air bag light?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi sorry get it back its maybe just a lock but a lock that should just do that lock:d ;) you have payed money for it what ever the price all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
You're a customer. You're supposed to be a pain in the butt :p That's all taken into account in the profit that they'll have made on the car.

Take it back and get them to look at it. They'll be used to people going back with much more niggly faults than yours, so something this straightforward probably won't bother them at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey donald :) thanks for the quick reply, ive already taken it back to the dealers twice and i think they are getting annoyed with me.

im having it serviced with MY mechanic on friday so i may leave it till then see what he says and if he gives me the go ahead ill be down there like no ones buisness. its just time consuming now.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Thats not a problem at all glad to help as Horatio has said it will be something simple and it will not be a problem to them at all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welll i got a little annoyed last night so i phoned the garage i bought it from and luckily the really nice mechanic was in and was able to tell me what he thought it was and hes ordering the part today so i can take it back mid week next week (not convienent but hey) and get it repaird.

he thinks its a motor and i actually quite trust him, so far hes the only one in the dealership i wanna deal with lol.

thanks for the reassurance everyone :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah my friend said that chris but apperntly its not. when i get it fixed i shall let you all know what it is as for the life of me i cannot remember lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts