Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just fitted foglights to my clio and got the light stalk with the two settings on it, so where is the wiring, what fuse is it, and where are the relay(s) fitted/ located

·
Registered
87 Posts
There are two types, depending on model, when you get a fog light kit, the extra relay and associated wiring is supplied, if you have no wiring to the foglights already then its not as simple as just fitting the lights, relay and stalk i'm afraid, you will need to take the top of the dash off and wire the whole fog light circuit into the ins panel and stalk yourself!, you should be able to tell if you have bought the proper kit though...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
00 - 04 clio fogs

frenchfan RTE thanks for the advice had a quick look and no wires so i have put in a switch and relay so i can switch them on and off

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fog lights fitted

I'm in the same boat here.....have fitted the front fogs and plugged them into the loom connector that was parked on the edge of the blanking panel backing, so there must be SOME wiring present already?? I had the wrong replacement stalk as it didnt slide into the grooves in the steering column block. I have another one on the way which I hope will fit (including the small plug with a red and a black wire to it as well as the big rear plug. Have noticed also theres no contacts in the fuse box at the fog light position. So I'm nearly there but not quite. Anyone know about the fuse box side of things...................Richie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. Where do you get the fog light kits for clio's? ebay seems to be short on complete kits which i would prefer... thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Fitting fogs to some of the more modern Clios isn't just about fitting switches, etc., as some need to have the UCH changed or reprogrammed to suit. In this situation it is probably cheaper to fit independent cabling, switch, relay and appropriate fuse, etc.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok... so is there any comprehensive on line guides you know of or any tips as i'm new to this sort of work. thanks for your help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fogs now working

I finally got mine done by an independent electrician. I got the fogs off ebay, a stalk off an ebay scrappy and let the expert do the rest. The only thing he couldnt do was make the dash light come on with the fogs, although the Renault stalk does work them. At least the switch does not let you leave them on as they go off when you turn off the headlights.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey guys, ive got a 2002 clio and ive been having problems with my front fogs, they are on the car as standard and bulbs are there, but they dont work..

i looked in the book and it says 'Not In Use' beside them.

i was just wondering how i can get them on?

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts