Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why my clio 1.2 x reg, wont start in mornings it was fine until about 2 months ago, i thought it might have been a new battery need, so i changed it, it was ok for a few days, might have been the weather, and now every morning it just turns over and wont fire, i changed the spark plugs at the weekend, and the problem is still there, any ideas please....

cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coil packs i think, the car starts when it gets warmer in the day, for eg . this morning it wouldn't turn over at all, tried again at miday , no probs first time,

cheers
A

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
coil packs i think, the car starts when it gets warmer in the day, for eg . this morning it wouldn't turn over at all, tried again at miday , no probs first time,

cheers
A
Hi i think its very strange that it will not start in the morning but it will in the afternoon sound like someone on the brew:rofl: iam thinking it could be the immobilizer i wish i could help you more but iam not sure but iam sure someone will put there finger on it for you soon.

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Welcome to the forum, do you have any other symptoms i.e. warning lights on dash, rough running etc.

I would check all battery leads and earth leads are tight, check the starter motor leads are tight. If the problem persists it may be a Top Dead Centre sensor. Click the link in my sig for the Clio FAQ you may find something of help there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts