Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I'm v.new here, being in the process of purchasing a Clio dCi 65 for running me to the station and back each day - has to be more efficient than taking our T5 volvo there !!

I'm trying to find out what the CO2 emmissions are from a dCi 65 clio - will it allow me to claim the tax at £35 per annum - or is it in the next bracket up.

I've not got the V5, so can't look up the details on there.

Car looks like a bargain, 2001 dci 65 with 48k on the clock, £3k, needs a bit of work before I can collect it (tyres are scrubbed, gearstick has a bit of movement under acceleration - engine mountings to be checked / replaced as required) but every little helps

Ta
Chris

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Chris - I saw that - but there were two things that bothered me 1) the model I'm buying is a 65, not 68bhp dCi 2) the tables didn't have any information about model year

I found a link over on Parkers that gave me some hope of cheap tax Parkers VED table

Ta

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
the CO2 emmissions are 115g/km which does leave it in the £35 tax bracket.

i have an 02 one and they are a super little car. on a long run you can get well over 60 mpg and at least 50mpg on the urban cycle

enjoy your purchase. and try to get it for a bit less than £3000
:d

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having signed up and paid a deposit, the garage are now trying to renege on the deal.

Apparently, the vehicle needs some work doing to it, which means they'll not make enough profit through selling it to me.

Any clues on legalities of this - or am I better off just walking away and taking my deposit / insurance charges off them ?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Yakker - if you and the garage have signed a written contract and money has changed hands then it's most likely the agreement is legally binding. Either they don't want to sell because they've underpriced it or the cost of repairs would make it unprofitable. In that case it sounds like something serious and expensive. Judging by their performance to date I doubt if you are likely to get a good warranty service. Yes you could seek legal advice and force the issue but in my opinion I would walk away after insisting you are recompensed for any losses you may have incurred. Legally you are entitled for losses by the party who breaks the contract. If you broke the contract they would have the right to retain your deposit. Honestly if it were me I would get my money back and run.:) My personle thought - Hm! Hm! waht is wrong with the car.
Caveat Emptor (buyer beware)

In this situation you may wish to contact the Citizens Advice Beaureau or the consumers advice dept., of your local counsel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers madnoel

I know the garage is in the wrong, but I've told them just to give me my money back / costs for cancelling the insurance.
I can't be bothered chasing it down any further via the courts - running away was what I chose to do in the end, just in case ;-)

anyone got a 1.5 dci clio for sale ? :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts