Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a Renault Clio Dynamique 2007 Petrol 1.6 16V and have just noticed a Whistling Noise coming from the engine bay when the key is turned but the engine is not started.
The noise is not loud but noticeable when the bonnet is open. After a lot of listening around it appears to be coming from the area outlined in the attached picture. I would say the frequency of the whistle is around 2K in pitch. The noise appears to stop once the engine is running. Anyone got any idea's what could be causing this please?

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Not seeing a pic. Think you need a minimum number of posts to attach pics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have recently purchased a Renault Clio Dynamique 2007 Petrol 1.6 16V and have just noticed a Whistling Noise coming from the engine bay when the key is turned but the engine is not started.
The noise is not loud but noticeable when the bonnet is open. After a lot of listening around it appears to be coming from the area outlined in the attached picture. I would say the frequency of the whistle is around 2K in pitch. The noise appears to stop once the engine is running. Anyone got any idea's what could be causing this please?
Hopefully image attached this time

Attachments

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Any chance it's the fuel pump priming (my motorcycle has that before the starter turns), or maybe it's like a sound I get with my 1.2 (although usually more noticeable when the engine switches off) which I have always assumed is the aircon releasing pressure.....or something like that!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts