Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

So I've a couple of questions about the car I've got.

1) I was using a bike carrier on the boot and realised my taillights were probably hidden or harder to see and was wondering if anyone would know if it would be possible to put an external socket on the car so I could attach towing lights to the bike when it's attached?

2) In February the car seized up as one of the brakes jammed. Got it fixed, but the service light and abs light came on for a couple of days and then it went off. Every once in a while it would come back on, but when I parked up, turned off the engine and turned it back on again it went away.
However about 2 weeks ago, or 500-800 miles ago the lights came on again and won't turn off, but I've not noticed anything different about the car. Anyone any suggestions as to what to do?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Also don't worry if you can't answer both questions, I'm happy with any answers ***x1f642;

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Hey!

So I've a couple of questions about the car I've got.

1) I was using a bike carrier on the boot and realised my taillights were probably hidden or harder to see and was wondering if anyone would know if it would be possible to put an external socket on the car so I could attach towing lights to the bike when it's attached?

2) In February the car seized up as one of the brakes jammed. Got it fixed, but the service light and abs light came on for a couple of days and then it went off. Every once in a while it would come back on, but when I parked up, turned off the engine and turned it back on again it went away.
However about 2 weeks ago, or 500-800 miles ago the lights came on again and won't turn off, but I've not noticed anything different about the car. Anyone any suggestions as to what to do?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

Also don't worry if you can't answer both questions, I'm happy with any answers ***x1f642;
1) fit a towbar complete will come with socket..... or just have a towbar socket wired up and either have it under boot mat in spare wheel area and open boot put external board wiring inside car, hopeing boot seal will deform enough and not crush cable or some how wire up socket and fix to bumper...

2) if brake seized the heat may have killed abs sensor - only way to be sure is to get code(s) read to confirm what is wrong

1 - 2 of 2 Posts