Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just replied to the thread on this, but I thought it deserved mentioning in its own right...it may save you money!

I bought the leads to connect to my kenwood head unit so it is compatible with the steering wheel controls. In my car I also have a permemnant ipod connection that goes into the back of my head unit.

The steering controls and ipod connector use the same port, so beware you cannot use both!

HTH
Jane
x

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
Have you checked with Kenwood to see if they do a 'Y' adapter? If the two devices both use the same data connections, then you're out of luck, but if they use different pins on the same socket, it might still be possible to plug both in at once via an adapter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you checked with Kenwood to see if they do a 'Y' adapter? If the two devices both use the same data connections, then you're out of luck, but if they use different pins on the same socket, it might still be possible to plug both in at once via an adapter.
Yes, I checked this and its the same data connection :mad: Im a bit miffed really but fortunately I only paid £5 for the leads from ebay. Had I have spent the £30 on them new Id be really gutted!!!

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Thanks for the information, I will just get the stalk leads then and leave my ipod off, I will also go have a look on ebay for the leads if they have them their for £5 its a bargin. Do you know what you searched for? as I need the leads for the mk1 clio and when i searched I could not find them

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts