Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

Have done a search but can't find an answer to my question. My clio is being a pain and turns over but does start.

It a V reg 1.6.

Wondering what it could be? Have been told that the coil pack could have failed. Or is it the TDC sensor as most of the mentions of it failing is on a 1.2

Any ideas as its really annoying

·
Registered
38 Posts
when my top end senor went on my old clio it would take me a few times to start not everytime though got worse over a few weeks, it was on my old car which was a 1.2 map sensor also went at same time. was picked up at garage when car was put on machine maybe worth putting on nothing to lose

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thought that the imobiliser wouldn't make the engine turn over.

How do i test the TDC sensor? Do i check for an open circuit with a multi meter?

What are the relays on the inner wing, saw they were mentioned on the only other thread about the 1.6 engine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
dunno how you test it my dad works in garage so i took it in most garages have a computer they can stick it on, if it was me i take it to one you trust and get them to check it on computer, mind i am a woman don't like snapping them nail and getting hands oily lol:d

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Thought that the imobiliser wouldn't make the engine turn over.

How do i test the Top Dead Centre sensor? Do i check for an open circuit with a multi meter?

What are the relays on the inner wing, saw they were mentioned on the only other thread about the 1.6 engine.
Try giving it a clean 1st. They are magnetic so can collect metal dust, which reduces the signal, a clean can often make the difference.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well finally got round to having a look at it.

Undid the two bolts holding the sensor in place, after dismantling a lot more around it, and couldn't get it out.
I sprayed lots of WD40 in the area and not the car starts.

How do I get the sensor off to replace it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts