Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first post, iv allready looked about the forum and have read about the leaky sunroof/aerial. I also have the common problem and am convinced its coming from the aerial, so will get on to that.

Does anyone on here have any knowlegdge about the following conversion? A renault 5 GT Turboe engine into a clio 1.4 RT?

Just looking for some information on it, problems, ease, dificulty really to see weather its worth it

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used to have a clio mk 1 before getting the 5, and looked into getting a turbo conversion 2. I don't now much mechanically about ease/ difficulty of the conversion, however 1 things certain if your going to be slappin a turbo in the beast, braking must also be uprated. Thats the only reason I didn't go ahead with it, as mine was only a 1.4s it had drums on the back so the conversion to disks and possibly abs would have added considerably to the total cost. Cituning do turbo conversions for the clio, I think your best bet is to give them a ring. There must be other companies who will be willing to do the work also, or at least give you some advice!!! Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cor, been ages since i posted that

Yer i allready have the 16valve discs and calipers, rear discs are a waste of time anyway, only get used 25% compared to fronts, thats why most cars with rear discs they just end up deteriating.

Since this thread was started iv got myself a r5, lovely little phase 2 in black, got her pretty cheap as things needed doing to it, top mounts, springs, cv boot, and other little things, but done all that and she flew through the mot, i originally bought it for the engine, but now cant do it.

So am on the look out for another r5, cheap cheap cheap, hopefully will pick up one that has loads of body damage and rust etc that way il have no regreats about taking the engine out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts