Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 1994 Clio 1.9D has started to become difficult to start when left overnight. The glow plug light goes out ok, but the engine takes a bit of time to fire. If i turn off the ignition and then turn it back on to reheat the glow plugs, then it starts better. Once the car has been driven and left for a while, the car starts ok. Am i looking at changing the glow plugs, if so. Are they easily to change or does the fuel pump need to be moved out of the way for No 1 & 2 glow plugs or is it best left to a garage?

Rgds Bertie

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Bertie,from what my diesel loving friends tell me this means ya heater plugs need replacing.My 97 does it so am having replaced with full service.All my plugs are in plain view so im assuming mine is the updated engine.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Bertie - I have the same car as yourself - having had similar problems a few years back changing the glow plugs made a significant difference. They can be a bit fiddly but if you take your time and use loads of releasing fluid it really isn't that difficult and no you don't need to take the pump off - you'll be glad to hear. If you have access to a multimeter the glow-plugs can be tested whilst in the engine.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts