Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while now i have noticed then sometimes when i stop and park up after driving to or from work (only 14 miles each way) My car makes a noise from the bonnet.

To me it sounds like some sort of cooling system activating to cool the engine. Does this sound right. It goes on for 5 minutes but it does emmit a fair bit of heat back into the car.

Any ideas? It recently passed an MOT so there is nothing too bad with it. Just curious

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Hi, i am no expert so hopefully one will be along soon, i think it maybe your fan cutting in to cool the engine. Before you get to work is the last few minutes of your journey stop start in slow moving traffic, if so i think its your fan, one of my old cars used to do that but it stopped after a few mins.

Sorry not much help but hopefully someone else will confirm the above.

Dave

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Have to agree, it sounds like the fan just helping to cool the engine down. I used to notice Renaults doing this quite often when I took my dog out for his walks.

You could always check this out by popping the bonnet open when you hear the sound - just make sure you don't let anything (e.g. a tie) get near the fan.:rolleyes:

Paul:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
For a while now i have noticed then sometimes when i stop and park up after driving to or from work (only 14 miles each way) My car makes a noise from the bonnet.

To me it sounds like some sort of cooling system activating to cool the engine. Does this sound right. It goes on for 5 minutes but it does emmit a fair bit of heat back into the car.

Any ideas? It recently passed an MOT so there is nothing too bad with it. Just curious

Hi Anglian Princess,

Did you not post previously regarding your lack of heat from your heater ?

Regards

Ottoman

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Anglian Princess,

Did you not post previously regarding your lack of heat from your heater ?

Regards

Ottoman
Well hello
You must have a better memory then i do!! Maybe my heater is backwards and is blowing heat into the engine rather then the car.

Chris m, you have a 94? Cool. So should i worry about it? I get very paranoid about anything that might blow up or start a fire ( i am a pyrophobic) I think i just worry too much!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts