Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got a clio MK1 which idles too fast when warmed up and I've checked the throttle cable, and I've been told to check the Idle Control Valve, where have they hid it? I've seen pics where it's just below the throttle cable.

I've got some pics of my engine so any experts can see which one it is...

not too good with car engines, and I'll bet it's obvious to you guys!

Thanks,

Anthony

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Just had a look in the Haynes manual, my daughter has a 1994 1.4 Clio. Do you know if your vehicle is a carb of injection version ? In the haynes manual the carb version is adjustable, but not adjustable if its the injection version, regards Damian.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's the carb version, at least there's something that looks like a carb if i recall under the air filter.

I could be wrong though. if it's the carb version, does that mean I've got no ICV?

Thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply, you don't know where the idle control valve is do you? I can't seem to find it (after prople pointing it out on their car on another forum, it's not in the same place), I've been told that might need a good clean.

Thanks,

Anthony

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a high idle speed (about 2-3krpm) on a 1.2 Clio. Soon as the engine started it idled right up there. It has an ECU. I found the earth strap was so corroded that it had almost split in two. Replaced the strap & the problem vanished instantly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
handbook

Hi, I've got a clio MK1 which idles too fast when warmed up and I've checked the throttle cable, and I've been told to check the Idle Control Valve, where have they hid it? I've seen pics where it's just below the throttle cable.

I've got some pics of my engine so any experts can see which one it is...

not too good with car engines, and I'll bet it's obvious to you guys!

Thanks,

Anthony
hi in your hand book there is a picture and description of how to do it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts