Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the lower trim on the front bumper of a MKII Clio. The one on ours has been damaged, it looks like it clips on to the bottom of the front bumper but we have been unable to find anywhere on the net that sells replacements, seems it is attached to whole new bumpers but not as a seperate part.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Dragon - in all honesty the low cost of such clips would probably not be profitable to sell on the net and when you add postage they could end up quite expensive. Try Renault and no joy with them I suggest you try a scrapper.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, however it's not the clips that need replacing, it's the thin piece of trim that runs right across the front bumper right at the bottom. If you look at a picture of a new front bumper, its the very bottom section beneath the section where the fogs would be located

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly what I am looking for

Just to ensure that there is no confusion, the replacement trim I am looking for is the black piece at the bottom of the front bumper as shown in the attached photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
The one on my wife's car was damaged, ripped out of a couple of the clips. So I replaced the clips with self-tappers through the largest washers I could fit. Didn't even have to remove the bumper, just put it up on ramps and did it from underneath. This held the ripped rubber together, and it's held good for several years now.

Option 2 would be to remove it altogether, did that on a mate's Alfa when it had been damaged too badly to repair, actually it looked good, at least as good as with it on, and certainly better than it damaged!

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there Dragon, have a look at e-bay in the Renault spares and accessories bit, quite often there are a few bits of trim available, if not try a breakers, there are a lot of these on line these days. If the worst comes to the worst SEL-Imperial: do the whole bumper with trim for around £65.00 + vat etc but unfortunately they are not sprayed.
Regards Leroy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the advice, will have a closer look to see what the best option is, would prefer not to replace whole bumper due to re-spray being required.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
I had a similar issue on my Scenic a few weeks back...someone (not me) removed the lowest part presumably on a high kerb when parking. I eventually settled for fixings supposedly designed to hold hooks on hollow interior doors. I used a rechargeable electric drill and brass screws (so they don't corrode)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts