Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can the clutch pedal be adjusted on my clio? (53 reg, 1.2 16v dynamique model)

The biting point is quite high, i had a look to see if there was an adjustment nut anywhere but couldnt find one.

Any ideas people?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi, its self adjusting and I'm sure its not adjustable, the biting point on a clio2 is very high, almost to the point that you think the clutch is on its last mm of friction material.

hope it helps :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, its self adjusting and I'm sure its not adjustable, the biting point on a clio2 is very high, almost to the point that you think the clutch is on its last mm of friction material.

hope it helps :)
Thanks for the help mate :cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think that is correct, there ar two types, one is a cable operated clutch which is self adjusted by a unit near the clutch pedal, and like my one a hydrolic(excuse spelling) operated clutch with has no adjustment that can be made(so my renault dealer tells me).

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi, I believe the only adjustment on both types is actually the pedal height adjustment at the pedal box and doesnt actually have any impact on the clutch action or clearance.

Hope it helps :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, I believe the only adjustment on both types is actually the pedal height adjustment at the pedal box and doesnt actually have any impact on the clutch action or clearance.

Hope it helps :)
Excellent!

How do i adjust it? Is it easy to get to? :eek:

·
Registered
25 Posts
the cable on my old laguna broke down once, when i had to change it, it had some sort of adjusting mechanism(attachment). However, im not sure the clio has it.

try looking for it behind the pedal, where the cable goes through the carbody >> engine compartment

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
HI, there is no adjustment on clio mk11 Clutches , it is auto on pedal, if clutch is grabbing at top most likely to be fairly well worn,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts