Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Have been a regular visitor of the forum for a while because my 2003 Clio II is having a cold start problem. I understand that there are several posts on this issue but I think mine is a little bit different.

I am living in Australia and the petrol available here are 91#, 95# and 98#. Recently it tends to start difficultly and it only happens with 98# petrol and for the first start of day. Have to hold the key 10-15s until it completely starts.:( It goes quite smoothly from the first start onwards. However this Clio goes quite well with 95# without any starting difficulties. It used to work fine on 98# and have tried to clean the throttle body but that doesn't work.

The local mechanics have no idea since Renault is not very popular on the road in Australia. Could anyone please give me some insightful ideas? Thanks,

Ken

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Some cold start problems can be asociated with either a dirty TDC sensor or faulty engine coolant sensor so it may be worth checking both these apsects.

Normally the Clios are meant to run on 95 Ron fuel so you may need to change the type of spark plugs to match a higher rated fuel.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts