Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone would be nice enough to explain how to get the dashboard off? i tryed looking through forum but didn't finda any direct instructions.

Thanks,
Igor

·
Registered
13 Posts
here we go on how to remove the dials to change a bulb

open both front doors & remove screw in the side both sides
then remove 3 screws near the windscreen that holds the dash in place
now remove the steering wheel coweling . 2 screws under the s wheel.
now tilt steering wheel down & remove 2 screws that holds the dials/dash inplace .

remove the 2 a pillar cover each side of the car inside next to windscreen.
just pull them off or use a screwdrive to gently release them
now all that's done remove the senter cowling that covers the redio screen. that should just pop off with a screwdriver
then hold the top of the dash & slide it towards you & it will come off.
now all you do is remove the last 2 screws that holds the dials inplace them change the duff bulbs
i always have a few spare

the bulbs you need are
2 x 12v 2 w or 3w will be ok

not sure on the other bulbs but they are real small & all pushfit ones

total time 45 mins inc refitting

i do hope this helps you

this info is for the clio mk2 1998-2002

·
Registered
82 Posts
Very helpful info - thanks a lot. Just done the job today to change the backlight bulbs on the radio/clock/temp display - very straightforward and well within the capability of the average DIY-er.

Bit of additional info that might be of use: you need a Torx T20 driver for all screws involved in the job and the backlight bulbs are typically Ring Automotive RU286 12v 1.2w Capless W2x4.6d type.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very helpful, unfortunately something went wrong when I was removing the dash on the passenger side and now it will not come out or go back in place, no idea what it is, probably something really obvious and simple.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Very helpful, unfortunately something went wrong when I was removing the dash on the passenger side and now it will not come out or go back in place, no idea what it is, probably something really obvious and simple.
unfortunately you have got the dash caaught on the airbag. It clips onto the back of it, what you need to do is unfasten that too, a lil tricky but can be done. Torx20 screws. Atip for everyone doing this for the first time, PUSH DOWN ON PASSENGER AIRBAG WHILST PULLING DSH TOP OFF. Thank me later. lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone,

just read the answer for removing the dash. Great stuff, thank you but I have a small query:

Do I need to de-activate the driver's and passenger's airbag to do this? Only I'll be needing to replace the bulb for the auxillary display unit and I think I will be needing to remove the dash to get at this.

Cheers,

Toby :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts