Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, newbie to this forum. Hope I'm posting in the right place.

W reg Mk 2 Clio Alize 1.4, the speedo has decided it's only going to work when it wants to.

Is the speedo on this model electric or cable, please, and can anyone offer any suggestion as how to repair? eg is it DIY, if so, how?

Many thanks

baxlin:)

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
my old megane sport used to do this, the red stop light would come on with abs and the speedo didnt work?? then the lights would go out and all would be fine, my local garage and renault could not get to the bottom of it.
Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
My Clio MK1 (cable speedo) had this problem, all it was, was tht the cable wasnt seated very well in the engine bay and bounced in and out of its socket... Just pushed it back in and did the clamps up tight... Now works fine, and all the time :d

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi Baxlin, is this a duplicate post ?

How did you get on with the pictures I posted on where to find the electronic sender for your speedo?

:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Baxlin, is this a duplicate post ?

How did you get on with the pictures I posted on where to find the electronic sender for your speedo?

:)
Truckbusuk,

No, it's not really a duplicate post - I'd put this on before the other thread "turned in my direction"!

Thanks for the picture. I still couldn't find anything that looked like on the pic, but I was able to orientate the pic, though, by identifying other components.

What I did was disconnect, spray, and reconnect everything I could, and the speedo has worked since more often than it doesn't, so a big improvement.

Don't really know what I've done, but we're living with it for the time being - our younger daughter has over the weekend given birth to a lovely daughter, but she had a very difficult time, and the baby has a minor (we hope) heart problem, so an iffy speedo is currently low priority!!

Thanks again

Malcolm

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
OK, hope everything goes well with the wee one, minor heart valve problems seem to be very common these days, or is it that they are just picking up on it more :confused: ... our youngest had this but she is OK now and doesnt need any more checkups.

Hope everything works out :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts