Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

OK... I know that this is a very sad question.

I have been given a pair of standard rear light clusters (and bulb-holders) from a bloke in work who has fitted Lexus style rear-lights to his 2005 Clio 172 Sport.

I would like to put his old standard Clio rear-lights (you know the ones with the clear `circle` cut-out) on to my 99 (pre-facelift) Clio which has just the standard red rear light cluster.

So... I thought it would be a simple case of swapping over both the bulb holders and the light clusters and job done, but after doing exactly this, it looks like there is either a short in the bulb-holders, or the layout of the bulbs got changed between the Clio II and the facelifted model that came out in 2001.

So, could an owner of a 2001 (or newer) facelift model tell me exactly what order the bulbs should be in please? My guess is....

From top:
*---------- brake/tail --------------*
*---------- indicators -------------*
*-------- reverse lamps ---------*
*---------- fogs --------------------*

Sorry if this is a real noddy question.....

Cheers!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent - that is a superb `how to` resource. Bookmarked and printed off so I'll be ready to have a stab at this tonight.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Excellent - that is a superb `how to` resource. Bookmarked and printed off so I'll be ready to have a stab at this tonight.

Cheers!

let me know how it goes..

i need to do this myself sometime soon ,just busy with exams and stuff, so havnt bothered..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just done this mod to my daughters '98 clio, all was explained in the link (above) to perfection. Many thanks, it saved me a few headaches sorting out the wiring. Her car looks really good with the later rear lamps now. I'm thinking of trying to upgrade the headlamps next, possibly with the dual optics if I can get hold of any.:d

P

·
0 Posts
Re: Renault Clio II - Tuning and Modding - Fitting '01 rear lights to '99 How To

This might help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts