Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

I live in tenerife and am buying a 2006 Clio 2 on Friday, my insurance need to know the exact commercial name of the car but I don't know, the garage who I am buying it from don't know and neither do renault!!!

I think its either the "Dynamique" or maybe "Community", it has no extra badges or stickers on the side saying what it is.

Its a 3 door Clio 2 1.2 16V with
power steering
electric windows
standard renault 15" alloy wheels
body coloured bumpers
rear spoiler
front fog lights
air con

Any ideas what model it is? I've been looking on the web now for hours.....
Its further complicated by the fact that different countries have different models and names.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

The model name should be inside the glovebox lid.

Why Renault decided to put it there,I don't know!:confused:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent!!!
Thanks for that, hopefully I will be able to have a look tomorrow and sort out the insurance before picking it up on Friday.

I can't believe the people at Renault didn't know that!!! :steam: :steam:

Cheers,
Steve

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
British Renaults definately have the model name inside the glovebox.............but it might be just a wind-up for us Brits!

Let us know how you get on.:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't manage to find out today as the car wasn't there, being checked out before I collect it tomorrow when I will be able to find out for definite.

Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't see the name anywhere in the glove box, where exactly should I be looking? Is it supposed to be on the door part or actually inside the compartment?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Jim - do vehicles in Tenerife have registration documents - if so it may be in there - maybe someone has debadged it . If you get the VIN Number your nearest renault dealer should be able to assist.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts