Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I need some ideas to find out what the problem with my car could be. I've got a 2000 1.4 8v Clio Sport. It was working fine when i first got it. I've had a few problems with it but now i've sorted them I have another. The car doesn't seem to want to start. It turns over but doesnt spark or if it does spark its only for a split second. Someone told me it could be the coil pack so i changed that but the problem is still there. I was having problems getting it started before it went off the road but after a number of attempts it eventually started. I've done a bit of searching and now i think it could be the crank sensor what do u all think?

Cheers

Calvin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all cheers for your help. I checked the crank sensor and it wasnt that. I took it to a garage and the diagnosed it for me its an immobilser issue. So i'm takin it into Renault on friday this week. They think its the key but the central locking still works. I tried reprogramming the key and it starts once in a while does anyone know how to rest the immobilser or disable it so i can use the car for the mean time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right I took the car to a Renault garage and they told me it was a problem with the key. I waited 2 weeks for a new 1 and when they got it they told me it was also a problem with the Multi Timer unit so i told em to order that. I've now had a call from them to tell me that its also the injection computer. Am I being taken for a mug by them I've had to spend £135 for the key and £305 for the multi-timer unit they want another £450 for the injection computer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right finally got the problems all sorted after paying copious amounts of money. The car had been in a front end accident before i got it and the previous owner bodged all the work. Apparently the Injection computer didnt have a problem but it was the wrong 1 for the car. The Multi timer unit was also the wrong part for the car but that was broken. And the key was also broken. No idea why it was all working before if they werent the right parts but i've had it all done now and she's back on the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts