Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am considering have my windows tinted on my black Clio Dynamique - can anyone give me some advice on this and what I should expect to pay.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Hiya Playa. Read this thread regarding the tinting of your windows first as there are laws pertaining to how much tint you are allowed.

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/general-forum/20388-tinted-windows.html

If you wanna do it yourself you can probably purchase all the stuff you need for arround about £50-£60 but I would imagine it's a bit fiddly.

There is a shop on ebay that sells window tints pre-cut but I cannot remamber who they are, sorry.

EDIT: Just found the shop on eBay but they don't do the kit for MKII Clios.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
When i had my last car (Saxo VTS) think a local company here in Hull wanted about £200 or so, i guess yours might be similar as same size car. I would personally get it done by a professional as you do not want bubbles and the like plus in 6 months time if it looks crap you will wish you had spent that bit more and had it done properly.

Id like to get my Scenic done but i guess that would be around £300 at least?

Regards

Dave

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
I reckon your about right there Dave. I just had a quote for my Lag.

Partial tint (windows behind drivers seat) would cost £188

Full tint (inclusive of security film on front passenger and drivers windows) would cost £272.

I'd love to have this done but, alas, cannot afford at present.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
You can get film from ebay, that is of good quality for £8 per 3 m's you would probably need two of these but you get the instructions and it is easy enough and does look good if you do it right,

it is even easier if you can take the windows out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts