Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks. Im looking at two different alloys roughly the same price (bigger ones a tiny bit dearer). So my question is, can I fit 18"s on my 2003 clio dynamique with out mods to the arches or is my only option 17s with out modding.

A.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers dude, just bought;

17" Woflrace Triad's for £239! brand new, still boxed, no tyres with that but im happy with that price! :)

Adam.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alloy size.

Hey guys. 1st time on here. Need sum help.

Jus bought a late 98 clio. The bubbly sort of shape.

No very little about cars but i want to buy Alloys 4 it.

Wat size should i go for or wat is the size i need or wat aha Im useless at this lol.

Plzz help :eek::d

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. 1st time on here. Need sum help.

Jus bought a late 98 clio. The bubbly sort of shape.

No very little about cars but i want to buy Alloys 4 it.

Wat size should i go for or wat is the size i need or wat aha Im useless at this lol.

Plzz help :eek::d

Personally, if you want wheels that look great, but don't affect handling or scrub on the wheel arches when turning, I'd change to the size of the ones I just put on!

Go for 17 inch wheels (MAXIMUM!), with 205 / 40/ 17 tyres, don't go for wider tyres as there is literally only about 15mm between the tyre wall and the suspension on mine!!!!

To avoid it looking like a 4x4 (according to the garage who fitted it for me) you'd need to lower the car by no more than 35mm using Spax Springs (these are about £115 on ebay, plus £40 or so fitting) unless you want your car to ground out over bumps!!

Personally I think mine looks fine at the standard spring height, so for now (cash is a bit tight) they are staying even though I'm sure the full-on modding boys will laugh!

Anyway, hope my first post on here helps?

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Hi i would personally only recommend 17" on small cars anything more just going to be a hassle cutting out arches which decreases the value of the car when you sell it unless you plan to keep the car forever :confused:

But you got to slam the car to the ground get air ride fitted,

In my friends car and it grounded out over a speed bump and had to get out and push lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
are 17s advisable on a 2005 clio mk2? im considering buying a clio and just looking at alloys atm. anyone got pics of a clio with 17s thats not lowered?

·
Registered
5 Posts
cheers dude, just bought;

17" Woflrace Triad's for £239! brand new, still boxed, no tyres with that but im happy with that price! :)

Adam.
nice alloys.. good price aswel.. im looking to buy some alloys, they are black 17" with tyres for £500.. brand new..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts