Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a 56 plate clio 3 that i bought from new in January,i've only covered 3800 miles and i'm getting 2 noises coming from the dash area,the first happens when going over slightly rougher ground or when there's a change in the roads surface and its coming from the front of the dash between the section where the clock is and the windscreen and runs along about 2 feet,probably the section inbetween the 2 clips that the dash slots into. This is a sort of crackling noise,the type of noise as if you were gently squeezing an empty plastic bottle.

The second noise happens everytime i turn the steering wheel,either turning a corner or even if i'm just bearing left or right,the whole drivers side of the dashboard creaks,and not just a slight creak but a major creak that can be heard over the radio.

I've taken it in a few times but the dealer,who has been very helpful,is puzzled as to what is causeing it. I even went down when he took the dash off to look behind it and everthing seemed secure,nothing was loose.

These noises are driving me crazy,and shouldn't be happeing on a brand new car imo.

Does anyone else have this problem because according to my dealer i am the only one as they did a search on renault technical support and there is nothing saying that anyone else has reported this problem.

I'd like to hear from anyone that has this problem so i can show my dealer on monday when i see the service manager.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dash Noise Clio III

Hi
I have a 10 month old Clio Dyn s138
Great little car but I have a dash rattle just above the clock/radio display-not all the time.This rattle will not be evident for weeks then will start again!
I am not that bothered as it's not happening all of the time but If yours is getting on you nerves then the dealer needs to address the problem under warranty-if no joy then try contacting another dealer.:d

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not had a problem with our 56 Clio with 25k miles on the clock. In fact, been very impressed with it. Although, sometimes if the front passenger doesn't reel back their seatbelt correctly, it can rattle against the hard plastic pillar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
my 54 clio extreme DCI, has a rattle, but its coming from the clear plastic gauge cover, but it only does it every now and agfain, and if i press it then it goes away.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a '57 reg 197 Cup with only 9k on the clock and my dashboard rattles. It took me ages to find what it was, it's something around the heater box/ducts and it's a creaking noise that occurs over rough roads. I think it's the cable and plastic housing that changes the direction of the air.

Nothing major to some, but it's like Chinese water torture. I can't do anything about it either I don't think. Took some bits off the other day and the plastic is just nasty, nasty horrible stuff.

I guess that's why an equivalent Golf is 5-6k more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have a 54clio extreme, and every so often there is a rattle noise comes from the plastic cover over the guages, but a press of the platic stops it. iv also got a rattle from my manual sunroof, but thats only been givin me trouble 6 months after i got it last year, and the dealer refuses to give any sort of warranty on it, but a call to Clio Spares got me a used sunroof for £58.50 including tax and delivery. so hopefully that sunroof rattle will be gone soon!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know perhaps we should expect these things with French cars, but that doesn't make them any less annoying.

I've traced mine to something either with the heater duct pointing at the driver's feet or the heater box it's attached to. Funny thing is, it only does it when it's warm! Drove home with aircon on today and the dash was fine...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Renault Warranty - Squeaks & Rattles

hmm.interesting. I have a Renault Megane 07 which I bought from new When I asked for various squeaks / rattles and vibrations to be sorted under warranty while it was in for the second service (23rd March 2009) , I was told that squeaks, rattles, and vibrations were not covered under the warranty after 12 months!!!!!! - obviously, this was never mentioned when I had my 12 month service..

After a bit of persuasion, they did resolve them, but made out it was some kind of favour to me

So, is this the norm or is my dealer trying to take me for an idiot. Exactly what is the Renault warranty worth i.e. am I going to always get the "not covered under the warranty after 12 months, 18 months" fob off each time I mention something.

As it stands, my whole Renault experience bubble is on the edge of bursting at the moment. My car is in today having its front nearside window fixed - went down this morning - won't go back up. On the plus side, while it's in, they are also repairing the dent in the door which happened while it was in for a second service. :mad:

·
Registered
14 Posts
my renault dealer is having the same effect on me, the like for renault is dissappearing, eveytime i go in for warranty work (2 window regulators, and a door regulator) getting them to accept that its under warranty has been a pain everytime! but the last time i was in for the window regulator, they done me the favour of fitting a new window switch!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got the same story too from my dealer. Yes, I've got a 3 year warranty, but the interior trim is only covered for 1 year! I guess they know it's likely to fall to bits ;)

Mine must be something expanding somewhere and then rubbing when it's warm. Most difficult to trace without ripping most of the dash out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Renault Warranty - does it cover *anything*?

>>eveytime i go in for warranty work (2 window regulators, and a door regulator)

Is this *also* not covered under the warranty. When I bought my car, I was really under the impression that the warranty covered anything which you could not break or wear out yourself, e.g. electronics, engine parts, even exhaust upto a certain mileage. I appreciate that maybe the cloth on the seats and the tyres wouldn't be covered (well, where it was obvious that there was excessive wear), but would always presume that the regulators and such like which exist within the door would be covered.

My car window wasn't fixed today, they were too busy to sort it and had to wait for a part to be delivered. No doubt I'll be having a chat with the dealer tomorrow if they try the "not under warranty sir" chat (as has happened every time I've ever taken my car in!).

My confidence in the brand has dropped from 9/10 to about 2/10 for no reason other than the dealership fighting me tooth and nail every time I need to deal with them, rather than just providing good old customer service. I'm 38 and this is my first experience of a Renault - safe to say that it will be the only one!
- I've already started looking out to Mazdas as a replacement and my Renault is only just two years old (12,500 miles on the clock, so not exactly worked hard for all the issues that are popping up). Don't really want to change as the car is actually very nice to look at - just feels at this rate that it isn't going to do me any favours once it reaches three years old and the warranty expires (yes, I know - for what it's worth!!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive a 2004 Megane ii.
About 6 month old the intermittent dash rattles & sqeaking started, had my dealer look at it 3 times while under warranty, (look is all they did) tried to sort it myself a number of times.

Can't sort it, now let the wife drive the car, it makes me insane and wont buy another Renault because of it.:crazy:

The car flexes when you drive over bumps, I think that is one reason for it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Reading these posts, it seems that Clio's have this 'chaffing/squeaky problem ?? Our Clio has this, but is hard to trace the sourse. It is there constantly and can 'iritate' but needs a Good person ?? to sit in the passenger seat while I drive --- Hopefully 'finding' the sourse of annoyance ?????

·
Registered
60 Posts
The second noise happens everytime i turn the steering wheel,either turning a corner or even if i'm just bearing left or right,the whole drivers side of the dashboard creaks,and not just a slight creak but a major creak that can be heard over the radio.
We have had a clio mk3 for 3 months, about 3000 miles and it has just started making this noise! Perhaps not as loud as described here, at least not yet anyway. It's so distracting and frustrating. I might tell the dealer about it but we've complained about so many things already that we've completely run out of energy and can't be bothered with the hassle any more - you just feel like right whinger. There's an obvious issue here and yet there's 2 years between these 2 cars. The time to illiminate these problems is during development, not on paying customers.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Hi all, on clio 3 only faults in relation to noises I have come across is on the front doors by the hinges there is a plastic gromet on the door which when closed a locating pin fits into it,remove grommet and apply grease around edges also on tailgate sometimes the catch needs greasing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All

I have a 56 plate clio 3 that i bought from new in January,i've only covered 3800 miles and i'm getting 2 noises coming from the dash area,the first happens when going over slightly rougher ground or when there's a change in the roads surface and its coming from the front of the dash between the section where the clock is and the windscreen and runs along about 2 feet,probably the section inbetween the 2 clips that the dash slots into. This is a sort of crackling noise,the type of noise as if you were gently squeezing an empty plastic bottle.

I've taken it in a few times but the dealer,who has been very helpful,is puzzled as to what is causeing it. I even went down when he took the dash off to look behind it and everthing seemed secure,nothing was loose.

These noises are driving me crazy,and shouldn't be happeing on a brand new car imo.

Does anyone else have this problem because according to my dealer i am the only one as they did a search on renault technical support and there is nothing saying that anyone else has reported this problem.

I'd like to hear from anyone that has this problem so i can show my dealer on monday when i see the service manager.
May be similar to my wifes Clio 3. She took delivery of a new 09 plate Clio 3 which is fitted with He Man controls. The car developed a squeek and grind noise when the clutch was depressed which appeared to be coming from the same area as you have mentioned. A visit to a local Renault dealer ended in the mechanic saying that the He man controls were causing the problem, with them checked and re installed all still the same. A revisit saw the mechanic cover the clutch return spring in silicone grease saying it was still the he man controls and he was wrong. In a relatively uncomfortable procedure lying in the footwell of the car depressing the clutch with one hand and feeling the noise past the springs and up the pressed tin construction of the clutch pedal and its mounting, the creaking and grinding led me to the joint at the top of the pedal on the pivot which was dryer than the wifes wine. A quick squirt of WD40 from a long tube put paid to the noise. Hope this helps, and by the way a few of her colleagues had the same problem which was eradicated by this action, the only problem is getting into the footwell and finding the pivot by hand as you can't see it

Have a go

regards

keith

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 07 clio has started to get a few rattles and even a knocking noise from the rear which i think is the spare wheel knocking on the boot floor, dont think these cars are made to well to be honest wont buy another :mad:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a clio mk3 with 18,000 miles on and the only noise i have had is that already reported, the little plastic plugs on the front doors. But it took a long while to find the problem as the noise seemed to come from under the dash somewhere. I just trapped a small piece of sponge under the plugs and the noise stopped. Otherwise a nice little car. Just now and again it does not seem to decelerate at town speeds when lifting off the accelerator, pushing the clutch pedal a little way down seems to make the engine revs. Drop as normal if this happens.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts