Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently found a slight scratch that needs repairing on my 1998 Renault Clio Grande RN 3 DR. Finding the paint code I thought would be an easy task, however the sticker inside the derivers door which should have my paint code displayed ON is torn and the code is missing :confused:

My car seems to be a blue/purple shade and I'm guessing it is most likely metallic.

Does anyone have any ideas of any other places I could find my paint code so I can get a paint match. I have briefly scanned paperwork in areas I thought the code might be, but will look again if people think I may have missed it.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The car details should be in the front of the service book,but I'm not sure if the paint code is there....might be worth a look.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Colour code

Hi Glitch - go to a shop or supplier who sells the paint - if they don't know the likely code you can use their colour swatch cards for a match. Most decent suppliers of car paint come across this prob on a daily basis and their catalogues usualy state where to find the colour code or how you go about it. Some Renault dealers can source this info., but they need to to know the vehicle VIN number.

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Is the paint code not on the metal plate on the door pillar like other renaults?

I ordered some paint for my Espace yesterday fro the dealers... they should be able to give you the paint code just off your number plate, but don't buy it from them - I did and it's £15 a can!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the paint code not on the metal plate on the door pillar like other renaults?

I ordered some paint for my Espace yesterday fro the dealers... they should be able to give you the paint code just off your number plate, but don't buy it from them - I did and it's £15 a can!
There is a sticker in the drivers door pillar however the area which contains the paint code is missing. This is why I'm having problems.

Went into "Halfrauds" the other day and tried to spot a match to my paintwork however couldn't find anything that was close, unless the paint dried to a much lighter shade.

Also found a possible paint code on a service report from the last owner of the car "671". However upon checking this in the halfords file containing all makes and paint codes I found that the code did not match my colour car. It turned out to be a grey shade and mine is a blue/purple shade.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
:crazy: Think about it - do professional car sprayers buy their paint from Halfords - go see a proper supplier of car paint - it'll be much cheaper in the long run - believe me.:rofl:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts