Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have just bought a Clio Grande (X reg)with 9,000 miles on the clock but I dont have any info on servicing schedules. Does it have discs or shoes in the rear?
I would be very pleased to hear
Thanks & Cheers clio aud

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Clio Aud have a look in through the wheels - if you see a big shiny disc through the back wheels it's got disc - if not its got drums - simple as that but you'll need to get up from the computer to find out:crazy:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Missing Service Guide

Hi All
Thanks for the responses. I am grateful. It is not easy to identify the model exactly from the handbook because it covers many models - like most do! Irritating!
The Reg Doc says "CLIO GRANDE RN"

regards
Clio Aud

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
It'll probably have drums in the rear.
Off the top of my head, they're due for a service every 12000 miles or every 2 years (whichever comes first). I may be wrong though.

By the way, 9000 miles? That's a real low mileage one you've found there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Missing Service Guide

Hello again
Thanks for your quick respnse again. Looking through the wheel I think you are right. Yes, the mileage is abnormally low only about 1500 miles p.a. from the MOT's . The car is basically 'new'. I am really a Citroen guy but picked this up for my wife.
Rgds and thanks
Clio Aud

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm a new member here and I have a similar question. I have a 2002 Clio Dynamique 1.4 that's done 51000 miles. I can't find the service schedule and am wondering whether I should have the cambelt changed. I'm assuming the next service is at 54000, as it's not been serviced for the best part of 2 years It's probably about time it was. Is there a service schedule posted somewhere?

Thanks

A

·
0 Posts
Hi folks,

I'm a new member here and I have a similar question. I have a 2002 Clio Dynamique 1.4 that's done 51000 miles. I can't find the service schedule and am wondering whether I should have the cambelt changed. I'm assuming the next service is at 54000, as it's not been serviced for the best part of 2 years It's probably about time it was. Is there a service schedule posted somewhere?

Thanks
AS FAR AS I KNOW

cam belt change ,60.000 miles or three years

SOME OTHER MEMBERS MAY VERIFY THIS FOR YOU

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Service History

If the vehicle has been serviced by a renault dealer they may be able to trace its service history. As far as I know belts should be changed at 60,000 or 3 years which ever comes first. If it were mine I would change the belt - it would keep you out of trouble for the next years.:)

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
I've just checked the handbook for our 04 1.2 16v (from memory, the info for our 02 was the same.)

Apart from the sporty models (2.0 and 3.0 v6) all the Clio II's should be on an 18K/2 years service interval. The timing belt is officially due at 72K or 5 years (though don't ask me how 5 years fits in with a 2 year interval :crazy:.)

This is for the Clio II Phase II (which your 2002 model will be.) I don't know if the Phase I (same basic body shape but without the angular headlights) is different .

Your timing belt is just about due for replacement through age rather than mileage. If you're looking to change the car before it hits 10 years old or another 72K miles, then it costs you nothing extra to get it done that bit earlier anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts