Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, me again. I maybe having my dad's Renault Clio of him but it does feel really under powered and the steering feels odd.

She's a 2003 1.2 16v extreme 2. She has done roughly 89k. Serviced last no clue. Obviously I'll be getting it done of I take ownership.

She is perfectly fine once in top speed but picking up speed from idle, it's very slow, also while picking up speed she has a very very slight judder which goes away when normal driving?!

Steering, how to explain?!!! She is light but heavy at the same time. The steering feels light but awkward, very wodderly and wondery. It's not the tracking or anything as it's been checked. Also when idle and I rock the steering left and right, it bounces back to the middle, I can't even feel like I'm moving the wheels on the road. It does move as I have watched while moving the steering. I've been told it's because it's an electric steering???

Is there a way I can find out if the car is under power? Also what is up with the steering?

I should also mention I'm use to driving a 1.4 Renault Clio 1999 MK2. But my car feels more stable and easier to drive, like she is more grounded.

Thank you for all your help

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Lack of power on a car with uncertain history could be a simple an a choked air filter or timing out a tooth or a dragging brake caliper.
Juddering and twitchy steering could be wear in the track rods or suspension bushes. A good tracker might pick this up but not always. Were there any advisories on the last MoT?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lack of power on a car with uncertain history could be a simple an a choked air filter or timing out a tooth or a dragging brake caliper.
Juddering and twitchy steering could be wear in the track rods or suspension bushes. A good tracker might pick this up but not always. Were there any advisories on the last MoT?
We have put the car in for 2 mot and both have never said anything about suspension arms, bushes, pins, track rod or anything else with suspension nor steering.

She has basically flown through all its Mots.

That's what we don't understand

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts