Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I would like to ask if anybody had the same problem with the temperature sensor?
Is it showing me -4 degrees when outside is 20 degrees. It would be probably the external sensor in the mirror. And my AC not turning on is it possible that is related to that sensor? I was looking for the part on google but I couldn’t find any.

Thank you.

·
Administrator
13,989 Posts
Hi.

Yes the problem will be with the external temp sensor and it is indeed why your ac doesn't work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answer. Do you know anywhere where I could find the part? I was looking even on the eBay and couldn’t find anything. Probably will have to buy the whole mirror ?

·
Premium Member
Clio Mk IV 1.5 dCi MediaNav S/S 2013
1,458 Posts
I suspect that you will have to buy a mirror. Have you tried eBay? There is a good chance you will find one from a breakers.

·
Administrator
13,989 Posts
I guess you could get just the sensor from the part dept at a Renault main dealer.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,199 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
It's there a reason why would that sensor be any different then sensors used on other Renault's?

I would search scrap yards, chances are that sensor is same as those in Megane or older Clio.
If it is, then it's just a matter of soldering bit, some tools and some company for drinks after job well done.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I'm guessing Renault is not producing and installing 5 diferent types of temp sensors. No need for that, especially with economists-bean counters trying to cut down costs everywhere.

·
Registered
576 Posts
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fits all Renault models from 1999-2016.
If there is a scrap yards that doesn't have it, walk around, it's not worth its name.

·
Registered
576 Posts
No, no, no.
I was laughing at the fact that I was right. All Renault models for past 20 years are using the same temp sensor. I expected some of them but not all of the models.

And then when you found a confirmation, nothing to do but laugh.
Put it back, please.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello guys I’m back, I ordered a brand new mirror with the sensor and after replacing the mirror the Temperature is showing still wrong outside at least 20 degrees and in the car -1degrees and the AC not working. The temperature sometimes changes to the right temperature and than back down. How is it possible to fix this ?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
@Gabor5550
if it's working sometimes then you have a bad connection somewhere. Does it change/become correct when the door is moved?
Visually carefully check the wiring route from the mirror through the door umbilical? That's the most likely failure point because that's where it flexes, is all I can suggest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The whole mirror and the cable is cable. it can be the cable in the panel door. The temperature was change while I was driving. When I started the engine and wait few minutes wasn’t changing the temperature. Only when I moved. I will check the cables.
Thank you for your advice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts