Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

First time here, but reading the forums helped me track down a troublesome starting issue with the car - The crank sensor.

Renault Clio MkII 2002.

I cleaned the old sensor up and it has been running fine for weeks, but just last week the error started again, so I figured it was time to actually change the sensor.

Simple enough right? Except I can't seem to track down the replacement meant for the one that was in the car. Every time I order one, I get sent one that won't fit.

I've attached an image of the one actually in the car below. I went to Cambiare but that part code doesn't seem to exists anymore. I'm a little stumped.

Cambiare has a sensor listed for the car that really doesn't fit into the connector. Maybe it was replaced at some point?

Any insight anyone?

·
Premium Member
Clio Mk IV 1.5 dCi MediaNav S/S 2013
1,456 Posts
You don’t say what engine you have, but back in 2018, when I had a Clio Mk 2 1.4, 2002. I purchased this one. It fitted fine and was working when I traded the car earlier this year.

I realise that was a while ago now, but the same seller is still selling them. I just checked.

HTH

·
Super mod..
28,318 Posts
Looking at the pic you have put up and wondering if the part sent to you is black in colour and not blue.. you are showing a Blue one and what's happened is the original black sensor has been modified so a blue one can fit the car.. new blue one comes with a new part wiring harness and connector that has to be spliced into the original harness so the new blue one can be fitted..so if thats been already done all you need to do is order a blue sensor..what engine is it a 1.2 16v

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don’t say what engine you have, but back in 2018, when I had a Clio Mk 2 1.4, 2002. I purchased this one. It fitted fine and was working when I traded the car earlier this year.

I realise that was a while ago now, but the same seller is still selling them. I just checked.

HTH
Looking at the pic you have put up and wondering if the part sent to you is black in colour and not blue.. you are showing a Blue one and what's happened is the original black sensor has been modified so a blue one can fit the car.. new blue one comes with a new part wiring harness and connector that has to be spliced into the original harness so the new blue one can be fitted..so if thats been already done all you need to do is order a blue sensor..what engine is it a 1.2 16v

View attachment 191870
Thank you both, It is indeed a 1.2 16v.

The sensor I was sent IS black and the blue one is the current one in the car.

You've solved the mystery. I'll order a Blue sensor up!

Many thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Autodoc.co.uk is where i got mine after exactly the same experience also try and get one with a new lead as even with the new sensor the problem returned eventually i found the problem in the lead connector and so far after 1 week no reoccurrence of the issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts