Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2002 clio 1.2 P reg. And i have a problem with the Indicators. When i signal right it signals left. The left signal works fine its just when i try to signal right it still signals left.

This happens all the time and some times the right signal works but most of the time it doesnt. I asked a local garage and he said its the hazard switch so i got a new one and replaced it. It worked for a week fine the right signal worked however today its back to the same problem again.

I took it to a dealer a few weeks ago and they said its the UCH ( A sales man said this) and its going to cost me £350. Does any one know what it could be ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi. My wife had exactly the same problem with her 2003 clio. Luckily it had one months warranty left on it. In the end the car would indicate left as and when it felt like without touching the stalk. As the salesman said they changed the UCH on her car and it fixed the problem. The dealer said it would have been around £360 for the repair. I had to take both sets of keys in aswell as I think the immobilser is controlled from this aswell, this stops you getting one from a scrap vehicle.

Mr A

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. My wife had exactly the same problem with her 2003 clio. Luckily it had one months warranty left on it. In the end the car would indicate left as and when it felt like without touching the stalk. As the salesman said they changed the UCH on her car and it fixed the problem. The dealer said it would have been around £360 for the repair. I had to take both sets of keys in aswell as I think the immobilser is controlled from this aswell, this stops you getting one from a scrap vehicle.

Mr A
sigh* well i probably haven’t got any warranty on it since i got it from an auction, but is there a way to find out ???

I love this car and i only just passed my test a month ago im 18 so its rather annoying the signals don’t work :(.

Also if i get it hooked up to the laptop at the dealers will the fault appear on it ??? thanks for the replies im no good with cars

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would guess the car would be sold as seen from auction so no warranty. The fault may register. I was told not to take the car in unless the fault was present at the time. The car played up all the way to the dealers but as I got to the garage the damm things started to work correctly! Anyway they changed the UCH and it worked fine after. Funny enough the fault started after I drove the car back from having it's first MOT.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well ive taken the harzard switch off and its working now but when i put it back on it doesnt. However im going to drive it some more to see if this is the problem if not it's most likely the UCH.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nope, taking the hazard switch didnt work after i drove it some more. Its in a local garage now they have kept it there for 2 days now so ill see what they say on a monday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts