Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '03 clio. I have been having a problem with it over the last few weeks. Sometimes it starts normally and sometimes it won't go. The engine turns over as if it would like to start but it just won't catch. I've tried jump leads but that won't work, however it will start from a bump start. It is an intermittent fault that has only been happening once every few days but recently it happens every time i get into the car. Any ideas? I would be really really grateful if someone out there could help.

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Hi there debbiemac and welcome to Renault Forums, I'm sure one of our more learned members will give you advice soon, is the engine turning over normally or a liitle bit slower than usual ?. Also it would help if you let us know the the engine type and size
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
What engine have you got in your Clio?:)

It sounds like a TDC sensor fault.......

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there, just an aside thought, but avoid bump starting your car, as any unburnt fuel in your catalyst will combust there when the engine fires up. This can drastically shorten the lifespan of the catalytic convertor. If the problem is occuring regularly, at least it should be fairly easy for a garage's diagnostic equipment to resolve.

All the best,

Paul:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts