Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just changed the rear engine mount the one which is situated under the bulkhead, on a 96 p 1.2 rl as it was clunking every time i let the clutch out.

having changed the mount the clunking is still present but not as bad, any suggestions please

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi iam thinking along the line of it still being a mount but another i wish i could help more but iam not that sure about the clio but iam sure someone will help soon all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Spectra - once the rear mounting goes it tends to push the load onto the gear lever changing mechanism - I suggest you have look there next.:)
Could also be a broken exhaust mounting

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, checked the linkage,exhaust mounts all ok.
got a mate to put the hand brake on tight and select 1st and let the clutch out slowly and the other engine mounts seem ok.
when he was doing this putting it in 1st and reverse i noticed the drive shaft the gear box side like snapping into drive, i grabbed hold of it and their was a very slight up and down movement and no movement when it was twisted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a failed CV joint on my Clio Ph1 (Mk2). I hear it's easier to replace the whole driveshaft.

I'm pretty sure it's the drivers side which has failed. Can anyone explain to me the process of replacing these?

Is it easy to do?

Any online guides that anyone has to share?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts