Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installing amp and sub into a mk2 clio, i need to know which wire i connect the remote too. The other option is using a direct link to to amp from the battery and using a switch but i would prefer to do the first.
or if anyone had a link were i can look at a wiring diagram.
I'm using the original headunit, it's the one with a TunerList on the front.
thanks
phill.c

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi phill...

If the head unit itselft doesnt have a rem lead, then u will have to tap off any 12v source, maybe not from the battery due to the current.

On the amp u generally have +12v - REM - 0v, its wht it says really... With the 12v and 0v they must come directly from the battery with a nice 20 Amp fuse allong the positive line.

The rem lead is just a switch the turns the amp on when your head unit is on, so if u can find the switched power lead the goes to the back of the head unit, just tap off tht, then when u turn the ignition key both headunit and amp comes on.

Hope this helps

- Meth

EDIT: both red and yellow leads in the back of the headunit are power, just a case of finding the switched power.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ive wired in a sub and after market speakers to my head unit. But its and after market head unit too. you need to have:
RCA (phono) outs on the back of the head unit - with an RCA cable from the unit to your amp

The Remote cable is usually blue and should just fasten into the exsisting rem cable socket. if not. some improvising is needed, take off some casing and twist together, cover in electrical tape.

The power cable which goes from the battery to the amp is the tricky one. It needs and in line fuse and it needs to be closer to the battery as possible. Not the easiest to get through to be honest. where to put it through. there is a gromit at the top of the firewall underthe bonnet, far right under the windscreen resevoir. it may take some time and might be hard to see, but its there. Ive had two MK2 clios and ive wired them both.

any probs let me know

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
ive wired in a sub and after market speakers to my head unit. But its and after market head unit too. you need to have:
RCA (phono) outs on the back of the head unit - with an RCA cable from the unit to your amp

The Remote cable is usually blue and should just fasten into the exsisting rem cable socket. if not. some improvising is needed, take off some casing and twist together, cover in electrical tape.

The power cable which goes from the battery to the amp is the tricky one. It needs and in line fuse and it needs to be closer to the battery as possible. Not the easiest to get through to be honest. where to put it through. there is a gromit at the top of the firewall underthe bonnet, far right under the windscreen resevoir. it may take some time and might be hard to see, but its there. Ive had two MK2 clios and ive wired them both.

any probs let me know

what about a Laguna...??

im about to try & attempt a 0ga run to the boot (for about 1500wrms), but for the life of me i cannot find a suitable place to get through the firewall & come out in the passenger side......

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts