Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks(this is my first car so be nice please! :p), only got my car about 2 months ago (2nd hand). Today I wanted to clean the inside of the alloys, when I took the wheel nut cover off the front left I had a nasty surprise, it only had 3 nuts.. Getting worried I went round the other 3 wheels only to find that they had 3 nuts on them as well. Is this normal on Clio's, Do I need to put replacements in any ASAP and should I slow down until I get them?

Thanks from,
A pritty pissed and worried off Adam.

Adam

------------------------------------------------------
Car: Black, 1.2 Dymanique with sports pack
Mods: LED break lights
NCB: 0
MSN: [email protected]
Personal Message: Your friendly NI Rep
------------------------------------------------------

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
You should have 4 nuts per wheel!!

3 will be ok temporarily, but I would head straight back to where you bought the car from and ask them to sort it for you (that's assuming you got it from a garage).

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should have 4 nuts per wheel!!

3 will be ok temporarily, but I would head straight back to where you bought the car from and ask them to sort it for you (that's assuming you got it from a garage).

Nah, it was a private seller:(. Phoned them they said "they where on it when I sold it.. bye!" and hung up.

Thanks got 4 ordered!

Adam.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Yep,bet a million pounds on chris being right.

Either that,or they lost the key for the lock nuts and had them removed,but never replaced them......

At least you found out in time,before one of your wheels overtook you!.Get some replacements ASAP!:)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool thanks folks I bet thats what it was, i got 4 normal nuts inc postage for £5 of a friend so im happy :).

Thanks for the fast replys!

Adam.

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
Perhaps the previous owner used the old trick of finding new nuts because he had to change a wheel out on the road at night and lost all the wheel nuts down a grid.

Used one nut from the other 3 wheels to hold the wheel on..

·
Registered
48 Posts
sounds like someone has had some locking nuts on there and wanted to keep them upon selling.
just go get yourself some more. Or you could go to teh scrap yards and pickl some up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts