Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my son's Clio alarm has started randomly going off at night. I'm not sure if it is temperature related as it has been on very cold nights. I've read the owners handbook and can find no reference as to how you can lock the car without switching the alarm on. Do you just use the key on the passenger door? Any help deeply appreciated by my neighbours!

·
Premium Member
5,250 Posts
hi welcome to the forums

check the battery, and behind the roof antenna (behind the lights/alarm Rx) for any water leaks.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,843 Posts
Try sticking a little felt foot or something similar on the doors were they will push the door switches just a little further in, I had a rover that did the same every winter and that fixed it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try disconnecting the bonnet switch for the alarm as this is known to cause problems. If that fixes it then change it. This fixed my clio's alarm going off at random times.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, will try all of the above. The alarm seems to have a red LED associated with it near the gear lever. This appears to flash after the alarm has been activated. I tdoes appear to be a Renault alarm as I've found some very sparse instructions for it and a Renault installation certificate....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts