Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My car has just failed its first MOT due to excessive exhaust emissions. I am going to have to pay £150 plus to have the o2 sensor replaced due to me using supermarket fuel which apparently is sub standard. According to Waters Renault St. Albans, garages in the South East are awash with cars having problems due to this fuel from supermarkets!

The fault arose from a toxic fumes fault light on the dashboard. This was originally fixed a month ago under warranty and I had all 4 ignition coils replaced. Now I am 800 miles over the warranty. I have asked Renault for a contribution to this cost since the same fault light was illuminated and they have told me to get lost.

Also, about 500 miles outside the warranty, my window rocker switches developed a fault and this will cost me £350 plus to get fixed. Again Renaults response to me asking for a contribution was no, because I am outside the warranty.

Considering I have always had the car serviced etc at a Renalt garage and paid the extra charges for this and other non-warranty work, I think it's appalling that Renault have washed their hands of the car as soon as they can. The guy from Customer Services was all " I understand your frustration" etc etc, but this isn't good enough. If the service industry I work in dealt with its customers this way there would be hell to pay.

I don't intend to let this rest so can anyone give me the contact details of a senior Renault person I can complain to?

Many thanks,

Cammer

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Hi Cammer, I know how you feel, been there. :(

Have you tried the servicing dealer, as I believe its the dealer that actually funds the "goodwill contributions" from a pot supplied/credited via RCS.

What did the dealer say, and did you actually speak to the service manager and the dealer principle?

hope it helps:)

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Hi,

My car has just failed its first MOT due to excessive exhaust emissions. I am going to have to pay £150 plus to have the o2 sensor replaced due to me using supermarket fuel which apparently is sub standard. According to Waters Renault St. Albans, garages in the South East are awash with cars having problems due to this fuel from supermarkets!
Although my car is a few years older than yours, i had my sensor replaced and it cost nowhere near that. I'd double checkthat price first.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
By rights, I think they're all inclined to treat you like this as a first line. I heard of worse with a friend's Rover a few years back: It developed a serious engine fault just before the warranty ran out. The dealer couldn't look at it until the following week, by which time it was *just* out of warranty. My friend ended up paying for the lot!

Based on past discussions, it seems that you get more mileage out of Renault if you talk to one of the organ grinders. See this link for details of one poor soul whose name and e-mail address Vass keeps handing out :p

http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/engines/8669-customer-services-advice.html?highlight=email+rcs#post61768

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
I am currently awaiting a reply from one of the RCS managers about my latest missfire.

The initial "No" is a standard response to such requestes for contributions. Go higher up and do it in writing / email. Good Luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I have been affected by this petrol problem in the news so maybe in 5 years I'll get £150 in Tesco Vouchers as compensation! Incidentally, I filled up at Tescos in Stockport(as I do regularly) so it's not just a southern thing.

I kept asking the RCS guy for the name of his supervisor/manager but he just kept saying the response would be the same. I need a name and an email address to kick me off in my quest. Has anyone got one please?

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Looks like I have been affected by this petrol problem in the news so maybe in 5 years I'll get £150 in Tesco Vouchers as compensation! Incidentally, I filled up at Tescos in Stockport(as I do regularly) so it's not just a southern thing.

I kept asking the RCS guy for the name of his supervisor/manager but he just kept saying the response would be the same. I need a name and an email address to kick me off in my quest. Has anyone got one please?

Click on the link posted earlier by Horatio in reply to your question.

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 9 of 9 Posts