Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a While,

Have had a Grand Scenic 1.6 since originally joining which has served us well... However we feel we could do with something a bit bigger and more powerful for when we go camping and are fully loaded up. The Grand Scenic seems to struggle a bit when completely loaded up.

We've seen what looks like a stunning version of the above car however I feel slightly concerned by the mileage on it... 140K+ Miles...

Just wondering if anyone has the above and whether it is still running nicely well above the 150k Miles mark?

Obviously after the 150k mile mark independent warranties are no longer an option and don't really fancy being battered by hefty repair bills!

Thanks

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
M9r engine is bulletproof (same engine in trafics) but at that mileage you need to ensure the chain has been replace ....look for @notnoc post regarding this with his custard coloured trafic

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M9r engine is bulletproof (same engine in trafics) but at that mileage you need to ensure the chain has been replace ....look for @notnoc post regarding this with his custard coloured trafic
Much appreciated!

Something certainly worth having a look through the paperwork for.... From what I can tell it has been maintained really well by the only previous owner of it... However the proof will be in the documents when I get chance to have a nosy at them...

From a chat with the place selling it they seem to do warranty packages so will be tempted to buy one on top or try at least to get them to throw it in with it or heavily discounted...

From us owning the Grand Scenic I've come quite knowledgeable in taking things apart with it and getting them to work again.... I just really don't fancy faffing around with the engine!

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,459 Posts
Just check the warranty, might be classed as wear and tear, and not covered.
Get this put in writing,,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Swmbo Loved it.... Drives like a dream to be fair... Tonnes of pull and rather easy to start speeding! Nothing sounded untoward when starting it up or running it back down the motorway... MPG is about 10 better than the Grand Scenic we had... Very smooth and quite pretty

The warranty doesn't cover a whole lot to be honest however I got it chucked in for free... Plus we have the consumer credit act to fall on as well should we have to, although I'm not expecting to...

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,459 Posts
Good Buy then,,,
Hope we only hear off you for general banter ,, jokes..

Enjoy driving it,, you mad mad fool, another Renault :grin2:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good Buy then,,,
Hope we only hear off you for general banter ,, jokes..

Enjoy driving it,, you mad mad fool, another Renault :grin2:
Hopefully! lol

3rd one now! - We tried to go Vauxhall inbetween the 1st scenic and the Grand Scenic and had it drive-able for about 24 hours in the space of 2 weeks before we got it refunded...

Swmbo loves Renault's for some reason... She claims they're really easy to drive and loves the feel of them

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
To et the same level of comfort or equipment you would struggle ...Renaults make some of the most comfortable cars on the road

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To et the same level of comfort or equipment you would struggle ...Renaults make some of the most comfortable cars on the road
Agreed wholeheartedly... We've found them extremely comfortable....

We also got a Brucey in the the insurance ended up cheaper than the 1.6 Grand Scenic lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On a slightly different note... Anyone any idea on what tyre pressure these need to be sat at... Felt a bit soft earlier...

I've read a few bits that keeping them above the book guidelines is better for tyre wear on them....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts