Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having trouble re-starting the Espace once it has been running for a while. It seems to start ok first time or when its cold.
It is gradually getting worse.

There is no loss of power when driving.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated as I am worried to turn it off once done a long journey.

Greg

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
Could be crankshaft sensor going open circuit when warm (common problem) best checked at ecu plug.
A faulty starter draws much less current when cold
but when warm draws too much current which interfers with injector current have starter checked out HthRegards Mickeybo

·
Tourerman
2,224 Posts
The main trouble with the crankshaft sensor (Renault call it the TDC Sensor) is that after a few years the tip of the sensor gets dirty and stops sensing, all it needs is a clean so it is shiny again.

G

·
I'm not sure if the 2.2 TDC sensor is in the same place as the 1.9 Dci as in the photo? My mate has just changed the TDC sensor in his 1.9 Dci after having tried to clean it 1st.

The warm starting problem hasn't improved but he says it seems to have imroved the engine performance.

Looks like we will changing the starter mtor next :think:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.