Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, just noticed that the carpet on the drivers side of my espace 2.2dt 1998has got a small deposit of oily fluid on it, on inspection it seems that the fluid is travelling down the clutch pedal,
any ideas as to the cause of this please?
i am going to france on holiday in 2 weeks & really dont need this now so any help/advice would be greatfully recieved,
cheers,
gordon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have read that it is a haudraulic clutch on these, so is the fluid fed from the brake master cylinder?
cheers, gordon.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes I think you will find that the brakes and clutch use the same reservoir, so make sure that the level doesn't drop too much as it will start to draw air in and cause all sorts of problems. By the sounds of it you'll have to replace the cylinder on the clutch pedal anyway so you'll have to bleed the system in any case. If you've got a Haynes manual you could probably give it a go yourself if you've got the space. Try GSF Car Parts, cheap car parts direct to you or Euro Car Parts UK - European Car Parts if you decide to get the parts yourself. If you have to use your car, top up the fluid and keep an eye on it, you might be lucky but if you're going away soon the I would change it ASAP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts