Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi noticed the other day i had a build up of sludge on the front of my intercooler. After scraping off the sludge it looks like its been hit at some point and dented the intercooler. Can this be patched with jb weld etc or does it need replacing. The car uses no oil and drives spot on. Can it be left the way it is without causing any damage to engine. Ive owned the car 6 months and suspect this was like this before i bought the car. Also if anyone has the genuine renault part number for a replacement that would be great. Thanks

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
8,095 Posts
what is your vehicle code from the top left hand corner of your oval sticker? the oval sticker is on the drivers side B pillar and the vehicle code will be either a 3 or 4 digit apha numeric code.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,437 Posts
If no issues with it LEAVE alone

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. As its not going to harm it will leave it alone but will keep an eye on ebay for a decent secondhand replacement. Thanks

·
41,437 Posts
Its not the cost of the part,
Its how much work is involved to change it.
It normally goes T1TS up , either Aircon gets screwed, or something else snaps doing it

Anything near the aircon system, if possible leave alone, if not by aircon system go for it

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Trouble with older cars something always breaks when taking things apart. Is it normal for there to be sludge build up around it if its leaking. I suppose if the turbo oil seals where leaking the car would be using oil and not running correctly. Is that right

·
41,437 Posts
If its just a small hole, spray easy start , or brake,cleaner over it, engine will change sound then you can repair it with chemical metal , no difference in sound then no hole

Its the bolts that you cannot get in to drill out is the issue,
And S0Ds law it will be one that must go back ..

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,107 Posts
If its just a small hole, spray easy start , or brake,cleaner over it, engine will change sound then you can repair it with chemical metal , no difference in sound then no hole

Its the bolts that you cannot get in to drill out is the issue,
And S0Ds law it will be one that must go back ..
Shouldn't air be leaking "out" instead of "in" so the easy start will go everywhere except the engine. If so. then soapy water should tell you if there is a hole.

·
41,437 Posts
No it will get dragged in , engine will raise speed, as the easy start acts as a sealer ..
Same when you spray over the intercooler pipes to find a split\lose connection

·
Premium Member
Captur 2017 1.5DCi EDC
4,107 Posts
Oh yes. Engine idling = no boost pressure. Long lunch yesterday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts