Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning chaps,

I want to source and fit some Renualt fog lights to the front of my wifes Espace. Is the loom likely to be fitted already? I am hoping that I can take the covers on the front valance off, find the relevant connectors, mount and plug in the lights, find the relevant blank on the dash and pop in the switch.....
Now, I know that Renault aren't likely to have made it as easy as this but has anybody else done this before?

many thanks,

IanM

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
going off my earlier model the answer is yes the loom will be there both on the dash and behind the front bumper remember you will need to locate and source the relay on the fuse board !

you will need lamps
dash switch
relay
any short lengths of loom

renault have a nice habit of running unused wiring to dumb rubber connections near where the unfitted item would be if not there they tie it back into the loom (again with a rubber stop )

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peanuts,

Thanks for the response..... I shall investigate further this evening. Hopefully I can find all of the bits that I'll need on good ol' FleaBay........:p

Thanks,

IanM

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Ian - what year is your wifes Espace - because on some of the later models it is possible the lights are controlled via the UCH and if so it has to be programmed by Renault. Look for the connections and fit a switch plus a relay first to check power goes to any connections you find.:)

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Hi Ian wothout actually seeing the vehicle it's hard to tell but I don't believe the UCH system was introduced until 2002 or thereabouts. I suggest you start hunting for cables and empty relay slots as this would give you an idea of what the system is likely to be or you could try contacting a decent Renault garage.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts